Contact AmazonContact through the developer portal and tell them that you have this problem.
They will set up your account so you can sign the app yourself.
Here's the steps they sent me ( Directions for steps 7 & 9 will follow).
1. Log in to the Developer Portal
2. Find the app you want to sign on the My Apps page
3. Mouse over the Actions button for that app and select App Details
4. From the application details page under the Upload Binary section, click Edit
5. If you already have a binary uploaded, click the Remove button
6. Make your DRM selection and select No, I will sign my binary under Signature
7. Upload your unsigned binary (shown as Step 1. Upload unsigned binary)
8. Download the processed binary (shown as Step 2. Download processed binary)
9. Sign the downloaded binary
10. Upload your newly signed binary (shown as Step 3. Upload signed binary)
11. Click the Done button
Upload your unsigned binaryIf you're like me, you've never exported an unsigned binary.
Here's the docs from google...http://developer.android.com/guide/publishing/app-signing.html#releasecompile
For eclipse peoples, here's what it says:
To export an unsigned APK from Eclipse, right-click the project in the Package Explorer and select Android Tools > Export Unsigned Application Package. Then specify the file location for the unsigned APK. (Alternatively, open your AndroidManifest.xml file in Eclipse, select the Manifest tab, and click Export an unsigned APK.)
Note: When I did this on my macbook, I had to edit the source code of the amazon website on this step to the right file path because the filepicker tried to do something strange and used C:/fakepath/....
Sign the downloaded binaryThen after downloading the processed amazon file, you've got to sign it command line using jarsigner and zipit.
http://developer.android.com/guide/publishing/app-signing.html#signapp jarsigner -verbose -sigalg MD5withRSA -digestalg SHA1 -keystore /Users/youruser/name.keystore unsigned-amz.apk keyalias
Now the unsigned-amz.apk is signed. With some extra parameters you could create a new one instead.
The final step is a zipalign command for performance.
zipalign -v 4 /path-to/unsigned-amz.apk /path-to/signed-aligned-amz.apk
That's it. Upload it back to amazon.