I moved my treadmill and it hasn't worked since. Apparrently this is fairly common, but my experience with their troubleshooting team was that while they were helpfule, some of their advice wasn't the best.
I've finally gotten my treadmill working again and figured I'd post my experience to hopefully help somebody else out since I couldn't find much online.
Before contacting Sole, I tried out the easy stuff in the owner's guide:
- try to calibrate
- adjust the speed sensor
Then we contacted Sole and they sent us a box of stuff without having us do any real troubleshooting.
The box had a new controller board, a new speed sensor, and some new wires to connect the main control unit.
Advice here is that as you try out the new pieces, don't undo any of the nice twisty ties that have the existing wires in place or take the wire out of the front right leg. Just run the wires to the side quickly to eliminate whether or not they change the symptoms. Also take pictures of the wiring to the mother board so that you have a nice easy reference.
Likewise, monitor the behavior of the controller board. My symptom was that the mother board would get power, a red light would come on, and then it would make a single click. Never a second click.
I was able to prove the motor worked fine by hooking up the power to the battery from my drill.
Sole sent me another motherboard to swap out which didn't change any symptoms.
The piece that finally fixed it was a whole new console. The explanation here is that the click from the mother board was sending a signal to the console saying it was ready for commands but the console was never responding telling it to turn the motor on and get running.